New Child Life Jacket Policy
The Y takes the safety of children very seriously, therefore we have implemented a new Child Life Jacket Policy.
• Patrons who do not pass the swim test are considered non-swimmers.
• Patrons who decline to take the swim test are considered non-swimmers.
• Non-swimmers must stay in shallow water (armpit-depth or less) and require active adult supervision.
• Active adult supervision means an adult must be in the water within arm’s reach at all times.
• Non-swimmers who do not meet the “armpit-depth” guideline are required to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) and require active adult supervision.
For more information view the FAQ and see examples of U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFD).